Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm Like A Ghost

The end of the year is approaching fast. I finished a series last weekend and delivered the final painting for the 12x12 show at the AKA Lounge in downtown Orlando. The series is of three paintings. They are all done in watercolor but on canvas. Each painting is $200 US or $400 for all three. They have been sprayed with a UV coating to protect the painted image from both water and sunlight. I did the first one for last year’s 12x12 show that was held at the Metro Gallery. Since then I finished #2 of 3 around May 2008. I only have a picture right now of the first painting (#1) in the series. I got the idea for the series when I needed #1 for the Freedom Ride art exhibit fundraiser that was held at the end of May 2008. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get a hold of the painting in time so had to paint a second one. I cannot paint the same thing twice (unless I have to) so I decided that from the two reference photos I could do a small series of three paintings. The first one, as you can see, it is of two horses staring out of their horse trailer looking away from the viewer. The second one has one of the horses looking at the viewer while the other one is still looking away. The third one has both horses looking at the viewer. I haven’t seen all three together – ever! Hopefully, Chris Johnson, curator of the AKA show, was able to put them up side-by-side. I requested it but he could not guarantee their placement depending on other paintings in the show, etc. That’s okay with me. I’ll get pictures of them Thursday night to put in this blog. I took two photos on film *years* ago at a dressage workshop. I wasn’t riding so had plenty of time to walk around and take pictures. That’s what I do at horse shows and events. I’m like a ghost. That’s what someone told me one time at a local show. Events: Dec. 1-31 Steinway Piano Gallery Opening in Altamonte Springs, Florida Dec. 18 AKA Lounge "12x12" Opening in Orlando, Florida 6 to 9pm Feb. 12 HITS Ocala Equine Art Reception, Ocala, Florida

No comments: