Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Storm and Me and Fantasy

Here I am with Storm. He is one of Herrmann's Lipizzan stallions. They were at Freedom Ride Saturday and Sunday to do two shows. Unfortunately, the Sunday show had to be cancelled due to bad weather. But they will return on Sunday, December 21 at 2:30 pm! I'll be there!
I took LOTS of pictures for new paintings and drawings. My newest idea is a series of paintings of these beautiful horses in or near their stalls. I have a commission to complete first for a returning customer (Thank you, Angie!) and then I will begin the new year with my new series. They will all be oil paintings on canvas and a minimum of 16x20 inches in size. Although, some might be a square dimension. We'll just have to wait and see!
A new exhibit just popped into my schedule last week. The Central Florida Watercolor Society is having a showing at the Steinway Piano Gallery in Altamonte Springs, Florida. (That's still considered Orlando for those of you from out of town.) http://www.steinwayorlando.com/
I did a special painting just for the show called "Fantasy". It is *big* -- from memory I think framed it is 25x30 inches. The painting itself is only 18x24. I priced it at $350.00 US for its introductory appearance. This gallery takes no commissions so I am able to offer it at this low price for this first show. Here is a list of my current and upcoming events:
Nov. 20 - Dec. 17 AKA Lounge "Unify"
Dec. 6 Back to Nature Wildlife Refuge, Orlando, Florida 1 to 8pm Plein Air Painting
Dec. 11 Steinway Piano Gallery Opening in Altamonte Springs, Florida 6 to 9pm
Dec. 18 AKA Lounge "12x12" Opening in Orlando, Florida 6 to 9pm
Feb. 12 HITS Ocala Equine Art Reception, Ocala, Florida
You can see my entire blog here.
If you need to email me directly, please click here.

No comments: