
The monthly 3rd Thursday was held last night in downtown Orlando. I was asked to submit up to five pieces measuring 12 inches by 12 inches each. Last night was the first time I saw all three of my paintings together. It’s a series that came together kind of accidentally. (See previous post.) In the image they are a little out of order but it still works. I used a flash on #1 that was actually completed in 2007 and thought that picture would turn out the worst! Usually when you use a flash on a painting it is bad. But this time I wish I’d used it on all three. Nevertheless, I think you can see the final two okay in these quick shots.

When I brought the paintings for hanging I was unaware (or forgot) that all pieces had to be priced at $200 US. Normally, I would price each one at $125. However, all three can be bought for $400 as a set. After I upload the high-res versions to ArtWanted next month I think I will have some coffee mugs and mouse pads made of one of these. The square format should suit those products perfectly!!
I love painting in a square format. I have some more ideas for horse paintings in that format. Plus, squares always fit together so if you wanted to start a collection I would recommend them because you can fit all sorts of different sizes together, side-by-side or on top of one another on a wall and they they’ll fit like a puzzle.

Events:
Dec. 1-31 Steinway Piano Gallery in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Dec. 18-Jan 14 AKA Lounge "12x12" in Orlando, Florida
Feb. 12 HITS Ocala Equine Art Reception, Ocala, Florida
1 comment:
Square isn't square, it's HIP! Great design solutions on those horse heads!
Post a Comment