Thursday, January 10, 2008

JUST START

Sometimes just getting started takes an extreme effort.  For my art, it's easier if my supplies are already out and set up.  Preparation can take so long that by the time you actually begin work it is time to stop.  I'm not sure there is anything to learn here except that in order to get to the finish one must first start.  Once you have the momentum going it is easier to take the next step and continue.

That reminds me of one of my favorite characters in a book.  His name is Miles.  In the first few novels he is constantly saying "Forward momentum!"  Of course this gets him into a lot of trouble and in order to get out of trouble he must keep the momentum going or he will die, or someone else will die -- in other words, something very bad will happen.

So keep this as a reminder to just get started and let the momentum carry you through to the end -- or the beginning -- of every endeavor.

You can see my entire blog here.
If you need to email me directly, please click
here.

No comments: